DiscountFurnaceFilter.com Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question and don't see the answer here, please contact our Support Team!
What is a MERV (MPR) rating for my filter?
- MERV, or Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value, is a measurement of its effectiveness at capturing small airborne particles. A higher MERV rating means the filter captures more of the smaller, harmful particles. Usually a higher MERV filter costs more to purchase but is more effective at filtration and also doesn't need to be replaced as often. More information about MERV can be found in our article here: What Is Merv?
What do you mean by Efficiency Rating for filters?
- Efficiency rating for filters is a measurement of how well the filter performs, and is usually measured on a scale called "MERV". A higher MERV rating indicates a more efficiency filter - a filter that captures more small airborne particles. To protect your health and reduce allergens and dust, we recommend that you purchase the highest MERV-rated filters that you can afford.
What will happen if I accidentally order the wrong size filter?
- No problem! If you accidentally ordered the wrong size filter, contact our Support Team and we will help you exchange it for a filter that fits, no questions asked.
What will happen if I accidentally order the wrong brand filter?
- No problem! If you accidentally ordered the wrong brand filter, contact our Support Team and we will help you exchange it for the right brand, no questions asked.
What will happen if my package is damaged during shipping?
- Don't worry! We package every order carefully but sometimes damage does occur during shipping. If this happens, contact our Support Team immediately and we will arrange to replace the damaged item, no questions asked.
How do I use a coupon code on the website?
- If you have a coupon code that you would like to apply to your order, look for the coupon code box on the shopping cart page and enter your code. If you have any trouble entering your code or if the discount is not working, please contact our Support Team for assistance.
On the purchase of 2 packs, is there any extra discount available?
- There is usually a discount available on a 2 pack of filters. If a discount is available, it should be listed as an option on the product page, along with the price so you can compare and see how much you are saving.
How do I decide which furnace filter is right for my home?
- The best place to start is to check the dimensions of the filter that you are currently using. Measure the length, height and thickness of the filter. Also, if you have a special filter cabinet, make a note of the brand and even the specific model of the filter cabinet. You can also look for the model or SKU of the filter that you are currently using. Those factors will allow you to find the exact replacement for what you currently have. Also, there are likely options to upgrade to a higher level of filtration. Consider looking for filters that have the same dimensions but a higher MERV rating. Finally, if you would like some advice on which filter to choose, please contact our support team!
Do you have Lennox furnace filters of all sizes? I am looking for a Lennox X0586 furnace filter with size 20" x 25" x 5".
- Yes, we carry all Lennox Health Climate filters of all sizes. The Lennox X0586 is a popular filter and it can be found here: Lennox X0586 Filter
What is the life expectancy of my Aprilaire filter?
- Usually Aprilaire filters last around 6 months, but this depends on many factors including the exact filter you purchased and the living conditions within the home. Factors like pets, cigarette smoking, or other scenarios where the airborne particles might be higher than normal will cause an Aprilaire or any other brand of filter to clog faster and require replacement sooner.
Why do I need to change my air filter?
- You need to change your air filter regularly for a few key reasons. First, replacing your air filter ensures that you get proper air flow through your air ducts, allowing your furnace or air handler to operate correctly and extending the life of your system. Second, replacing your air filter and allowing the air to flow smoothly through the system reduces your energy bills because the blower motor is not having to work as hard or run as long. Third, replacing your air filter will help your system do a better job of removing airborne particles like dust and pollen from the air in your home.
How do I know the dimensions of my filter?
- Most often, the dimensions of your filter will be printed on the side of the filter itself. If you are not sure, use a tape measure to find the exact dimensions.
Why should I use a high efficiency air filter instead of a less expensive fiberglass filter?
- High efficiency air filters do a much better job of removing harmful particles from the air in your home or office. Usually they do not need to be replaced as often as cheaper filters. Better air quality and less hassle.
Will I save money using a more efficient filter or is it better to use cheap filters and get them replaced more often?
- In our experience, even though the cost of a more efficient filter is higher up front, it evens out over time. Because you don't have to replace them as often, and because they do a better job of keeping your furnace clean (reducing potential breakdowns and extending the life of the system), you can benefit from cleaner, healthier air and know that the costs usually end up about the same in the long run.
What does it mean if my filter has a MERV 13 rating?
- A MERV 13 rating means your filter is well above average! MERV ratings go from 1 up to 16 and the average is somewhere around MERV 8 - 10.
Who will install my Lennox X6670 filter if I purchase it from you?
- You have a couple options when it comes to installation of your new Lennox X6670 filter, or any furnace filter that you purchase from us. First, many of our customers choose to replace their own filters. Simply locate your Lennox filter cabinet, open the cover, remove the old filter, insert the new and close the cabinet. If you are uncomfortable with this procedure or unable to complete it, contact a licensed HVAC contractor in your area for assistance.
I need urgent delivery of the Lennox X6675 replacement filter outside the US. Is that possible?
- At this time we ship the Lennox X6675 filter, and all of our products, within the continental US and Canada.
Are any discounts available on bulk orders of the Lennox X6673?
- We would be happy to discuss bulk pricing discounts on the Lennox Healthy Climate X6673 filter or any of the products that we carry. Please contact our Support Team for more information!